Basketball Score: Ohio State Buckeyes dominates Duke by 22 points
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
by Joe Rodriguez
Jared Sullinger had 21 points and eight rebounds to help No. 2 Ohio State throttle No. 3 Duke 85-63 on Tuesday.
The game was billed as the highest-profile matchup in the 13th annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge, but this one was never close.
The host Buckeyes (7-0) jumped out to an 11-0 lead and were ahead 47-28 at halftime after shooting a blistering 61 percent from the field.
The Blue Devils (7-1) got within a point on Mason Plumlee’s dunk midway through the first half, but it was all Ohio State from there.
Freshman Austin Rivers scored 22 points and Plumlee added 16 for Duke, which snapped a 35-game winning streak in the month of November, dating back to 2006.
Everything seemed to fall for the Buckeyes, including Craft’s banked-in 3-pointer from the top of the key with 14:53 left that increased the lead to 58-34.
Duke came into the game ranked fifth nationally with a 45.9 three-point shooting percentage but never looked in rhythm offensively, finishing 3-of-15 from beyond the arc.
Ohio State won for the fourth straight year in the Challenge to improve to 6-5 all-time, while Duke dropped to 11-2.
- NCAA Top 25 Basketball Odds: No 4 Duke at No 2 Ohio State
- Las Vegas NCAA Basketball Sports Betting Picks: Ohio State at Duke Blue
- Final Four Predictions & Odds: Ohio State vs Kansas
- NCAA Prediction: Penn St Nittany Lions vs Ohio St Buckeyes
- NCAA Basketball Picks: Ohio State Buckeyes vs Marquette Golden Eagles