Geico 400 Odds NASCAR Betting: Chase for Championship Begins
Saturday, September 17, 2011
by Bodog Sportsbook
A quartet of well-known drivers will hit the starting grid as co-favorites to win the Geico 400, as the Chase for the Sprint Cup gets underway at Chicagoland Speedway this Sunday afternoon (2:00 pm Eastern) with the first of 10 races that will decide this year’s champion on the NASCAR betting circuit.
Five-time defending champion Jimmie Johnson joins Kyle Busch, Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards at 15/2 odds to win the Geico 400, with Kevin Harvick and Matt Kenseth both sitting just a notch behind that group of prominent names on the Sprint Cup circuit at 12/1.
Kyle Busch and Harvick enter the Chase in a tie at the top of the driver standings after recording four wins apiece among the 26 races so far this season. Gordon is three points behind that pair on the strength of his three checkered flags, with Kenseth and his two victories just six points back of first place.
Kurt Busch, Johnson, Edwards, and Newman are all tied for fifth place entering the Chase nine points back with one victory each, while non-winners Stewart and Earnhardt Jr. as well as wild-card qualifiers Keselowski and Hamlin are 12 points back.
- NASCAR Betting Odds: Jimmie Johnson set to Chase another Cup title
- NASCAR Budweiser Shootout Odds: Kevin Harvick sits as the Favorite
- NASCAR Betting Odds: Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Auto Racing: AdvoCare 500 Betting Odds
- NASCAR Federated Auto Parts 400 Las Vegas Odds at Richmond Intl Raceway