Las Vegas Free NHL Picks: Dallas Stars vs Minnesota Wild
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
This is the fourth and final meeting as the Stars have won the last two, and 20 of the last 26 encounters.
Dallas Stars (38-26-5): The Stars are on a 10-game point streak and have won five straight. The last time Dallas earned points in 10 straight was a 12-game stretch from Dec. 27, 2002 to Jan. 22, 2003. The Loui Eriksson-Mike Ribeiro-Michael Ryder line has come alive in the last 30 days combining for 43 points, the most of any trio in the league during that span. Ribeiro has scored a point in eight of his last 10 games against Minnesota and Ryder is riding a career-high nine-game point streak.
Minnesota Wild (29-30-10): Minnesota has dropped five of six contests since the beginning of March and is playing the second of a five-game homestand. The Wild are without goaltenders Niklas Backstrom (strained groin) and Josh Harding (lower body). Rookie Matt Hackett should make his second consecutive start Tuesday. Captain Mikko Koivu (shoulder) and forward Pierre-Marc Bouchard (concussion) are also out for Minnesota. Right Wing Cal Clutterbuck was wearing a no-contact jersey at practice Monday after missing the last three contests with an illness and will be a game-time decision. The Wild are 2-7-1 in their last 10 home games.
1. Wild forward Dany Heatley has one goal and four points in three games vs the Stars.
2. Dallas recalled defenseman Jordie Benn on Monday from Texas of the American Hockey League.
3. Koivu received a shaving cream pie to the face from his teammates at Wild practice Monday in celebration of his 29th birthday.
NHL PREDICTION: Stars 3, Wild 2
- Free NHL Hockey Picks and Tips: Minnesota Wild at Dallas Stars
- NHL Betting Prediction: Minnesota Wild at Los Angeles Kings
- NHL Score: Minnesota Wild and Tampa Bay Lightning
- NHL Hockey Odds: Pittsburgh Penguins visit Minnesota Wild
- NHL Playoffs Hockey Prediction: Chicago Blackhawks at Minnesota Wild