Las Vegas NHL Betting Predictions: Calgary Flames vs Anaheim Ducks
Friday, March 08, 2013
by Tomas Lopez
The Anaheim Ducks finally get to face a team other than the Phoenix Coyotes as they host the Calgary Flames on Friday. Anaheim completed a rare three-game series with the Coyotes on Wednesday, posting a 2-0 home victory ater sustaining a pair of 5-4 shootout losses in Phoenix. The triumph was the Ducks' ninth in a row at the Honda Center since the club dropped a 5-0 decision to the Vancouver Canucks in its home opener on Jan. 25.
Calgary also is looking to extend a streak as it tries for a season-high third consecutive win. The Flames followed a 4-2 victory over Vancouver on Sunday with a 4-1 triumph over the San Jose Sharks three days later. Blake Comeau snapped a tie early in the third period and captain Jarome Iginla notched a goal and an assist as Calgary improved to 4-1-1 in its last six contests and climbed above the .500 mark for the first time this season.
Calgary Flames at Anaheim Ducks
When: 10:30 PM ET, Friday, March 8, 2013
Where: Honda Center, Anaheim, California
TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, Rogers Sportsnet West (Calgary), Prime Ticket (Anaheim), NHL Network-Canada
Calgary Flames (9-8-4): Calgary received a major boost Wednesday as Miikka Kiprusoff returned after missing 13 games with a sprained MCL and stopped 32 shots en route to his 300th career win. It was the Finn's first appearance since posting a road victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Feb. 5. Iginla's goal against San Jose was the 523rd of his career, putting him one behind Bryan Trottier for 32nd place on the all-time list. Center Jiri Hudler has been quite the playmaker of late, registering six assists over his last three contests.
Anaheim Ducks (16-3-3): Captain Ryan Getzlaf notched a goal and an assist Wednesday to extend his home point streak to eight games. He has collected five tallies and 19 assists during the run. Jonas Hiller made 18 saves against Phoenix en route to his 16th career shutout and first this season. Anaheim's start to the season has been sensational despite being overshadowed the that of the Chicago Blackhawks. The Ducks are 19 points ahead of their pace from last season, when they owned a 6-12-4 record after 22 games.
1. Calgary is beginning a three-game road trip that concludes with contests against the Kings in Los Angeles on Saturday and Monday.
2. The Flames are winless in their last 15 visits to Anaheim and have captured only three of the last 29 at the Honda Center. Calgary hasn't won in Anaheim since Jan. 19, 2004.
3. The Ducks are 7-1-1 in their last nine meetings with the Flames.
NHL Hockey Prediction: Ducks 5, Flames 2.
- Las Vegas Free NHL Picks: Anaheim Ducks vs Calgary Flames
- NHL Hockey Picks: Calgary Flames at Anaheim Ducks
- Monday Night NHL Hockey Odds: Calgary Flames vs Anaheim Ducks
- NHL Vegas Sports Betting Odds: Calgary Flames at Colorado Avalanche
- Las Vegas NHL Betting Predictions: Calgary Flames at San Jose Sharks