Monday NBA Odds: New Orleans Hornets at Los Angeles Clippers
Monday, March 26, 2012
The last time Chris Paul faced his former team, the New Orleans Hornets did their best to knock his new team down. The Los Angeles Clippers are in the middle of a scrum in the Western Conference and did not help themselves by suffering a loss at the West-worst Hornets.
That setback, along with a sub-.500 record over the last month, has led to speculation about coach Vinny Del Negro’s job security.
@ Los Angeles
When: 10:30 PM ET, Monday, March 26, 2012
Where: Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
TV: 10:30 p.m. ET, NBATV, CST (Hornets), FS Prime Ticket (Clippers)
New Orleans Hornets (12-36): New Orleans forward Jason Smith was given a two-game suspension for a flagrant-2 foul in Thursday’s 97-90 home win over Los Angeles when he lowered his shoulder and sent Blake Griffin flying into the cameras along the baseline. Smith, who apologized after the game, will being sitting Monday. The Hornets finally got a player back Saturday when Carl Landry returned after a 23-game absence because of a knee injury and scored 15 points in a loss to San Antonio. Chris Kaman, who collected 20 points and 10 rebounds in Thursday’s win over the Clippers, missed Saturday because of illness and is day-to-day.
Los Angeles Clippers (27-21): Paul was held to 16 points on 5-of-14 shooting in his return to the big easy and Los Angeles shot only 39 percent as a team. The Clippers are 8-12 since Feb. 18 but snapped out of a three-game slide with a 101-85 home victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday. That kept Los Angeles in fourth place in the West, though it is only 1½ games in front of the ninth-place Denver Nuggets. The Clippers allowed 104.3 points during their three-game slide and reports surfaced last week that Del Negro had lost the locker room. The coach met with general manager Neil Olshey before Saturday’s game.
New Orleans has taken nine of the last
10 in the series.
2. Landry has averaged 13.9 points and 6.1 rebounds in 14 career games against Los Angeles.
3. After giving newly acquired Nick Young the nod for three games, the Clippers moved guard Randy Foye back into the starting lineup Saturday.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Clippers 99, Hornets 91
- NBA Basketball Predictions: New Orleans at Los Angeles
- NBA Basketball Picks: Los Angeles Clippers at New Orleans Hornets
- Las Vegas Free NBA Picks: New Orleans Hornets at Los Angeles Clippers
- NBA Basketball Picks & Tips: Utah Jazz at Los Angeles Clippers
- Vegas Basketball Prediction: Los Angeles Clippers vs New Orleans Hornets