NCAA Basketball Score: Syracuse Orange and Florida Gators
Friday, December 02, 2011
Brandon Triche led the way with 20 points and Scoop Jardine added 16 points, seven assists and four steals as No. 3 Syracuse topped No. 9 Florida 72-68 as part of the Big East/SEC Challenge on Friday.
Kris Joseph chipped in 14 points for the host Orange (8-0), who forced 20 turnovers.
The Gators (5-2) owned a 49-46 lead with 9:20 left after Kenny Boynton buried a deep 3-pointer. But Triche responded with a 3-pointer on the other end, sparking a 16-4 run over the next seven minutes. Jardine scored eight points during the burst, including a 3-pointer with 3:53 left that made it a three-possession game.
Florida pulled back to within five points, but Triche scored four points in the final 1:05 and Jardine had a key blocked shot that kept the Orange clear.
Jardine’s foul shot with 17 seconds left gave him 1,000 points in his career.
Boynton finished with 22 points and Erving Walker scored 17 for the Gators, who have suffered each of their losses to top three teams.
- NCAA Baskteball Picks and Tips: Eastern Michigan at No 3 Syracuse
- NCAA Basketball Betting Pick: Syracuse Orange Host Providence Friars
- NCAA Top 25 Basketball Odds: No 9 Florida at No 3 Syracuse
- Elite 8 Predictions: Ohio State Buckeyes vs Syracuse Orange
- Sweet Sixteen Odds: Wisconsin Badgers vs Syracuse Orange