NHL Hockey Lines: Nashville Predators vs Dallas Stars
Sunday, February 19, 2012
by Frank Martin
After failing in their attempt to leave Joe Louis Arena with a victory, the Nashville Predators try for a rare win in Dallas Stars when they take on the Stars at the American Airlines Center on Sunday.
Nashville, which came within six seconds of earning at least one point in Detroit on Friday, instead suffered its fourth straight road loss and fifth in seven overall games.
The Predators have struggled in Dallas in recent years, winning just five of their last 23 visits. The Stars also are in a slump, losing six of their last nine contests.
Nashville Predators (33-19-6): Hal Gill, who was acquired from the Canadiens on Friday, was disappointed to leave Montreal but glad to join a Nashville club he believes has what it takes to win the Stanley Cup. “I'm pretty happy to be here, but it's always a tough transition in leaving a team that you wanted to win with,” the defenseman said. “I'm excited about the organization. I think it's a great team. ... We've got some studs (on defense) and some young guys coming up. Hopefully, I can fit in the middle, maybe helping out the young guys.”
Dallas Stars (29-25-4): Dallas has had trouble scoring recently. Including Saturday's 2-1 overtime loss in Phoenix, the Stars have scored two goals or less in seven of their last nine contests. Michael Ryder scored Dallas' lone goal against the Coyotes, extending his points streak to five games. Ryder has three tallies during his run. All-Star Jamie Benn is likely to miss his second straight game after being cut on the back of his knee Thursday against Calgary.
1. The home team has posted a 31-14-1 record in the last 46 matchups between the clubs.
2. Dallas has lost six of its last eight meetings with Central Division opponents.
NHL PREDICTION: Predators 4, Stars 2.
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015 Carolina Hurricanes vs. Dallas Stars NHL Score & Betting Recap
- Monday, November 28, 2016 NHL Score & Betting Result: Dallas Stars vs. St Louis Blues
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 Ottawa Senators vs. Dallas Stars NHL Score & Betting Recap
- NHL Betting Prediction: San Jose Sharks at Dallas Stars
- Vegas NHL Prediction: Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars