NHL Playoffs Odds: San Jose Sharks beat Detroit Red Wings in Game 7
Friday, May 13, 2011
By Bodog Sportsbook
After blowing a 3-0 series lead the San Jose Sharks were faced with Game 7 against the dynasty that was the Detroit Red Wings. What’s worse is San Jose’s Patrick Marleau has failed to help his team meet expectations in the NHL postseason.
Ironic that it was Marleau that helped them avoid the biggest collapse in team history.
Marleau got the rebound and his first point in the series with 7:47 left to play that helped the Sharks knock off the Red Wings in the NHL playoffs 3-2. The Sharks now move on to meet the Vancouver Canucks in the Western Conference Finals.
“For him to end up with the winning goal was pretty special for our team and for him,” coach Todd McLellan said. “I think the monkey may be off his back for the next series. … He was a difference maker tonight.”
Unlike the seven-game Vancouver/Chicago series there was a feeling that San Jose was all but finished. The Red Wings have proven to be one of the most talented, tough and resilient franchises of the last decade, while the Sharks have been riddled with disappointment. But it appears things in San Jose are finally turning around.
"There's a lot of doubters who said we probably couldn't do this," captain Joe Thorton said. "But that's two years in a row we beat a pretty good team. We're a pretty good team now, too."
San Jose takes on Vancouver in the Western Conference Finals on Sunday at 8 p.m. ET.
Get your NHL playoff odds in the Bodog Sportsbook
- NHL Playoffs Betting: San Jose Sharks eliminate Detroit Red Wings
- NHL Matchups Betting Prediction: San Jose Sharks at Detroit Red Wings
- NHL Hockey Lines: Detroit Red Wings at San Jose Sharks
- Wednesday, May 25, 2016 St. Louis vs. San Jose Stanley Cup Game 6 Western Conference Final Score & Betting Recap
- Thursday, May 12, 2016 Nashville Predators vs. San Jose Sharks Stanley Cup Playoffs 2016 Score & Betting Recap