Today Vegas Sports Betting Tip and Prediction: Anaheim at Colorado
Monday, February 27, 2012
For a long time this season, it looked as though the Anaheim Ducks would be at the top of other team’s phone lists when it came to the trading deadline. After a furious rally to get within striking distance of a playoff spot, it might be the Ducks who are calling around on Monday prior to their road game with the Colorado Avalanche.
Anaheim is within six points of the No. 8 spot in the West and is 8-1-2 in its last 11 games. One of the teams in the way is the Avalanche, who have won three in a row.
Anaheim Ducks (27-25-10): Anaheim had slipped as far as 20 points out of eighth place and was 10-22-6 after a loss to the San Jose Sharks on Jan. 4. While Corey Perry and Teemu Selanne have picked up the offense, the star of late has been goaltender Jonas Hiller. The Switzerland native has made 21 consecutive starts, posting a 14-3-4 record. He has surrendered more than three goals only once during the stretch. Anaheim, though, still sits 13th in the West and last in the Pacific Division with 20 games left.
Colorado Avalanche (32-27-4): Colorado is in a stronger position than the Ducks, two points behind the eighth-place Dallas Stars. The Avalanche accomplished something Saturday that had been nearly impossible for any team in the NHL this season with a 4-3 victory at Detroit. Steve Downie recorded a goal and two assists against the Red Wings and has collected five points in three games since arriving Tuesday in a trade from the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Downie has two assists in four career
games against the Ducks.
2. The teams have split two meetings this season. Anaheim has taken seven of the last eight in the series overall.
3. Selanne moved into 20th place on the NHL’s all-time scoring list with a goal and an assist Sunday.
NHL PREDICTION: Ducks 3, Avalanche 2
- Vegas NHL Betting Odds: Anaheim Ducks at Colorado Avalanche
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 Calgary Flames vs. Anaheim Ducks NHL Score & Betting Recap
- NHL Picks and Tips: Los Angeles Kings at Anaheim Ducks
- NHL Hockey Sports Betting Lines & Predictions: Anaheim Ducks vs. Colorado Avalanche
- 2014 NHL Playoffs Betting Picks: Los Angeles Kings vs Anaheim Ducks