Vegas NBA Basketball Prediction: Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls
Thursday, April 05, 2012
The Boston Celtics are in the process of reasserting themselves as contenders behind their elite point guard. The Chicago Bulls are managing to hang onto the top spot in the Eastern Conference despite being without their reigning MVP at the point.
Boston Celtics (30-23): Boston jumped into fourth in the Eastern Conference on the strength of a five-game winning streak, thriving with Rajon Rondo at the point and Kevin Garnett moving over to center. That streak came to an end on Wednesday with an 87-86 home loss to the San Antonio Spurs. The Celtics held the Spurs to 28 points in the second half but were undone by their Achilles heel - rebounding. Boston ranks last in the NBA in rebounding and is especially weak on the offensive glass. Rondo handed out 11 assists on Wednesday, marking his 14th straight game in double figures. He collected 17 points, eight assists and seven rebounds at Chicago on Feb. 16 but Boston still suffered an 89-80 setback. The Celtics were outrebounded 52-37 in that contest.
Chicago Bulls (42-13): Rose missed the Feb. 16 meeting but Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer scored 23 points apiece to lead Chicago. The Bulls have taken two of three in the series despite Rose only suiting up for one of the meetings. Chicago owns a two-game lead over the Miami Heat for the top spot in the East but is coming off its first back-to-back losses of the season. The Bulls fell at Oklahoma City, 92-78, in a showdown of the conference leaders on Sunday and then ran out of gas in a 99-93 home loss to the Houston Rockets the following night.
Rose has averaged 21.4 points and 5.3
assists in 12 career games against the Celtics.
2. Rondo recorded one of his league-leading five triple-doubles against Chicago on Feb. 12.
3. Boston got Allen (ankle) back after a six-game absence on Wednesday. He managed five points in 35 minutes.
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Bulls 88, Celtics 85
- NBA Predictions & Odds: Boston Celtics at Chicago Bulls
- NBA Las Vegas Betting Lines: Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls
- Bovada NBA Basketball Odds: Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls
- Vegas NBA Basketball Prediction: Boston Celtics vs Chicago Bulls
- Basketball Las Vegas Odds and Picks: Chicago Bulls vs Boston Celtics