Vegas NBA Winners Betting Odds: Memphis Grizzlies vs Phoenix Suns
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Two hot teams collide as the Memphis Grizzlies visit the Phoenix Suns on Saturday. Memphis has won five consecutive games and nine of its last 10, while up-and-down Phoenix has steadied itself and won six of eight.
The Grizzlies have been outstanding against teams with below-.500 records, compiling a 12-1 mark, but the lone loss was to the Suns in late January. Phoenix has won four straight home games and recovered from double-digit deficits in each of them.
Memphis Grizzlies (23-15): Memphis had a season-best 33 assists in Wednesday’s victory over the Golden State Warriors. Steady point guard Mike Conley stepped up with a season-best 12 assists for the second straight game. Conley has eight double-digit assist outings on the season, including three in the past four games. He is averaging 9.8 assists during the stretch to raise his season average to 7.1. The Grizzlies continue to play great defense as they attempt to lead the league in steals (10.0) and turnovers forced (17.5) for the second straight season.
Phoenix Suns (18-21): Center Marcin Gortat has been solid all season and would be Phoenix’s team MVP if balloting were held now. Gortat has four straight double-doubles and scored a career-high 28 points against Oklahoma City earlier this week. The former backup to Dwight Howard in Orlando has flourished since joining the Suns during last season and is now one of the Phoenix’s building blocks. The 28-year-old Gortat has grabbed 15 or more rebounds seven times and leads the Suns in scoring (16.2) and rebounding (10.6).
1. Phoenix has won 15 of the past 20 meetings.
2. Memphis star Zach Randolph (knee) has resumed practicing and could return to action next week.
3. Suns guard Jared Dudley scored 20 points in the 86-84 victory over Memphis on Jan. 28
NBA BASKETBALL PREDICTION: Grizzlies 97, Suns 94
- Vegas NBA Basketball Picks and Tips: Memphis Grizzlies vs Phoenix Suns
- Friday April 5th NBA Predictions: Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Lakers
- Las Vegas Basketball Odds and Picks: Memphis Grizzlies at Phoenix Suns
- NBA Basketball Predictions & Odds: Clippers at Suns
- April 11th NBA Odds: Phoenix Suns at Memphis Grizzlies