Western Conference NHL Odds: Calgary Flames at Dallas Stars
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Calgary, which enters one point behind Phoenix for eighth in the West, is 4-0-2 over its last six games. The Flames have lost eight of 11 on the road but are 3-0-3 in their last six away from home. Dallas is in the midst of a three-game losing streak and has dropped five of seven both overall and at home.
Calgary Flames (27-22-8): Olli Jokinen has been on a tear of late. The Finn has scored five goals in his last four contests and 10 points over his last seven games. Calgary announced on Wednesday it will retire former defenseman Al MacInnis' No. 2 during a ceremony on Feb. 27 prior to the Flames' game against St. Louis, the team with which the Hall of Famer spent the final 10 seasons of his career. "I am truly honored to receive this recognition as a member of the Flames family and to have my name and number recognized by one of the finest hockey teams I have ever had the pleasure to compete on," MacInnis said.
Dallas Stars (28-25-3): Adam Burish ended his 16-game goalless drought Tuesday as he scored Dallas' lone goal in a 3-1 loss at Detroit. Four of Burish's five tallies this season have come on the road. After ending January with a 10-game drought, Michael Ryder has scored four goals over eight contests in February. Ryder has registered a point in three straight matches and has seven points in eight games this month.
Calgary will face Dallas
four times over its next 20 games.
2. The Flames have won four straight meetings with the Stars are 5-1-1 in the last seven matchups.
3. Dallas is 8-19-1 when allowing the first goal.
NHL PREDICTION: Flames 3, Stars 2
- NHL Hockey Las Vegas Odds and Picks: Calgary Flames vs Dallas Stars
- Las Vegas Free NHL Picks: Dallas Stars at Calgary Flames
- Las Vegas NHL Picks: Calgary Flames at Dallas Stars
- Vegas NHL Betting Odds: Anaheim Ducks at Dallas Stars
- NHL Betting Prediction: San Jose Sharks at Dallas Stars